Clicking noises for 34 minutes after each ride, caused by TeslaFi requests during "idle time". Sleeping works fine.
After each ride TeslaFi wakes the car repeatedly for 34 minutes. After this the car sleeps as expected (until next ride or until the car wakes up on its own to recharge the 12V battery).
However during these 34 minutes the high voltage relay clicks every 60s (so high voltage is enabled for 1 minute, then disabled for 1 minute).
TeslaFi setting "Idle Time Before Trying to Sleep" has direct influence on the total clicking duration. If set to 30 minutes -> 34 minutes clicking, if set to 10 minutes -> 14 minutes clicking, if set to 5 minutes -> 10min clicking.
If TeslaFi is disabled (by unchecking "Logging Enabled"), high voltage is disabled only once (2 minutes after locking the car) and not reenabled (for hours). Then only 2 clicks of the shutdown sequence are audible.
"Polling Time While Idle" was usually set to 1 minute (default). If set to e.g. 5 minutes: the car enables the HV only for 1 minute every 5 minutes (for ~30 minutes in total, after a ride only). There is one loud click which indicates HV enabling. 60s later and 120s later two quiet click indicates HV disabling.
- TeslaFi default settings restored by "Reset Settings"
- Tesla Model S 2016 facelift, AP1, no sentry
- 'Always Connected' is turned off
- 'Energy Savings' is turned on in the vehicle.
- 'Cabin Overheat Protection' off
- No camping mode or dog mode enabled.
- 'Passive Entry' off (so key fob does not wake up the car unintentionally).
- No OBD connected
- Tesla app was stopped sometimes, but usually just closed (because no effect).
- No charger connected
- Usually good LTE connection
- 12V-battery voltage monitor (shows me e.g.: if the car is running from 12V battery or high voltage battery).
- All available software updates installed.
- Systematic TeslaFi tests performed on 2021-07-22 and 2021-07-23
I observed same clicking for ~30minutes on a Tesla Model S 2018 which also uses TeslaFi. The repeated clicking also disappeared after TeslaFi was disabled (by unchecking "Logging Enabled").
- Same settings (additionally: sentry disabled).
- No charger connected.
- No 12V-battery voltage monitor
- No OBD connected
- All software updates installed.
I probably heard this clicking for more than a month on both cars (without observing it for longer time).I tried modifying a few settings according to TeslaFi sleeping guide. Without success.
Is TeslaFi aware of that problem? It is not "Car is not sleeping".
Could TeslaFi poll faster than every 60s during idle time?
Customer support service by UserEcho